Friday, February 21, 2014

Through the Window

I wrote this poem during a missionary trip to India, when I was 17 years old.   I was on a drama evangelist team.  We ministered in the streets, villages, and even leprosy colonies.  That was my second mission trip, but quite a culture shock for this spoiled 17 year old. During the 3 week trip I capture God's revelation in "Through the Window." I even scanned a few photos from the trip.

Looking through the window of this airplane,
To see the people below, my eyes have to strain.
I can’t focus my eyes because I’m too far away.
I can’t see the people or hear what they have to say.




I pray, “Dear God, open my eyes so I can see.”
He cries out, “My child, keep your eyes on me!
For you can’t be alone during this culture shock that lies ahead.”
He reminded me of His love and why His blood was shed.
For the people of India are my children too.
I love my children, just not the things they do.


Tell my Indian children, that I am the true God, the God of love;
That I am the God that made the clay - they make their gods out of.
Now my daughter I’ve shown you what to do.
Just remember through it all, I will always be with you.
And when looking at my children, look past the blemishes of their skin.
For when I look at my people, I look within.


Looking through the window of this dirty train,
I see the hurting people and begin to feel their pain.
For I am able to see these people through His holy eyes.
I see their emptiness and hear their lonely cries.
I want to reach out and touch them, but the train keeps moving on.
Before I can share with them anything – it’s too late, they’re gone.


Once again I cry out the Lord above:
“Please grant me time to give them your love.
I want to share with them, so their lives may be set free.”
But once again, the Lord, is a step ahead of me.
“My child, you must be ready for the attacks that are coming your way.
You see, satan is out to get you, and he wants to make you pay.
He has a stronghold over India, and with lies he’s got them bound.
He fears the power of truth you hold will make his land Holy ground.
After spending time with the Lord, I was ready to continue on.
I wanted to share what God had shown me, before another chance was gone.

Now I’m looking at these people through now window at all.
For I laid down my life and accepted the call.
Through the joy of Christ, I had many goals.
I spoke to them with confidence, expecting to harvest many souls.
But all I could do was plant lots of seeds,
And trust that someone else would water and meet their needs.


I wanted to see the people saved and healed,
But God spoke to me and revealed:
“If no one plants the harvest, no crop will yield,
But walk with me my child and faith you will build.”
Remember what you sow, you will reap,
But all the glory is mine to keep.
In my timing their souls will I save,
For they will never forget the love that you gave.
Through these revelations, I learned very much,
But even more importantly, I felt His touch.
 
Now I’ve come to share with you my friends,
And allow you took through the window of my camera lens.
I realize it’s hard to see the pictures, because you live so far away,
And you can’t see the hurting people or hear what they have to say.
But if you listen with your heart, you’ll hear their cries,
And see the loneliness that’s in their eyes.
They cry out for anyone – anyone who cares.
The time has come to do more than just send them our prayers.
Let’s lay down our lives, and except the call,
As we take the gospel into the nations, one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.