
Time seems to be flying by as my girls are growing up in the blink of an eye. I’m amazed at how independent my 10 year old is becoming. It seems like yesterday that we worried because she barely spoke. I remember stopping everything and quieting myself as I tried to hear and comprehend what my little girl was saying. Today, I’m reminded that all scripture is God breathed and sometimes we have to quiet ourselves and tune in to truly hear God’s voice during our time with him. I loved the illustration of the little sheep knowing his shepherd’s voice in The Tanglewood’s Secret (page 14). We talked about how we are God’s sheep and how we should be able to discern our master’s voice.
What We Learned:
Bible
- Memory Verse: 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- We read Genesis 2:4 - Genesis 8:17
- Journey Through the Bible
- "The Fall", "Cain & Abel", & "Noah Builds the Ark" - MFW Bible Reader: "A Sad Day", "Cain & Abel", & "Noah"
History
- Adam & Eve (by R age 7 & K age 10)
- Cain & Abel (download blank Cain & Abel Notebook page HERE)
- Jubal & Tubal Cain (10 generations after Adam)
They demonstrate the intelligence of early man. - Noah
- The Great Flood (IEW Ancient History oral report with 1 note card)
A cubit is measured from the elbow to fingertip.
It is about 18 inches.
We measured 300 coubits - the length of the ark.
My oldest was so far that it is difficult to see her in the picture.
Timeline
- Jewish Calendar
- Our calendar is based on a Solar calendar, but the Jewish calendar is based on a lunar calendar
- We added Adam & Eve, Cain & Abel, Jubal & Tubal Cain & Noah.
We laminated the pieces and applied them with a low heat hot glue gun.
Science
- Absorbing & Reflecting (Science in the Beginning)
- Light and Energy (Science in the Beginning)
The white bag didn't feel as hot as the black bag, since the
black bag absorbed the light. The black bag converted the radiant
energy of the sun to thermal energy causing it to heat up. The whiteplastic reflected the sun's energy, so no thermal energy is created. - Investigate different forms of energy Here
When we shined the white light on the red paper, the red light
was reflected while the other colors were absorbed.
was reflected while the other colors were absorbed.
Vocabulary
- Sauros (SOW ross) - lizard
- Vocabulary practice of Sauros Greek roots list Here
Art & Music
- Ellipses
-
Antonio Vivaldi (download composer notebook page Here)
- Vivaldi is a Baroque composer, most famous for "Four Seasons."
For those who want to listen to specific movements
Spring 0:00 Summer 10:31 Autumn 20:59 Winter 32:48
Antonio Vivaldi (download composer notebook page Here)
- Vivaldi is a Baroque composer, most famous for "Four Seasons."
For those who want to listen to specific movements
Spring 0:00 Summer 10:31 Autumn 20:59 Winter 32:48
Spring 0:00 Summer 10:31 Autumn 20:59 Winter 32:48
Book Basket & Read alouds
Math
- 5th Grade: Number line (negative numbers, fractions, and mixed numbers
- 2nd Grade: Multiplication Facts
- 2nd Grade: Counting Songs 3's & 4's
Language
- Idiom game Here
- Rags to Riches game: identifying simple, compound, complex, and compound / Complex sentences.





















You are about a week ahead of us and I love seeing your posts. It's a fun little sneak peek of what I get to do next week. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHeather, CTG is starting out to be another wonderful school year. As you can see we are on a very relaxed schedule in the summer. By now, you are probably a week ahead of us! :)
DeleteThank you for sharing everything you are doing with us! I can only imagine how long it takes you to document everything. I blog too, but not nearly with all the detail you provide. I sincerely appreciate your hard work. Thanks so much.
ReplyDeleteHope,
DeleteIt's so exciting to be on this journey together. I just started following your blog as well!!!